This project is read-only.

Operations error; feedback

May 20, 2008 at 10:25 PM
Edited May 20, 2008 at 10:25 PM

First of all, I think this is a great project, and in fact have started something similiar, although pretty much at the same place with just some read-only views.

• One cool enhancement to this would be to incorporate Role base security based on Application.
  • In getting this to work, I was getting an authorization error. Now I get the following error when clicking on Application link from home page:
    • System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: An unexpected error occurred during initialization of the BizTalk Operations Service. ---> System.FormatException: Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.
    • Any ideas?

Also, wondering, the ESB Operations Service that you are using, did you modify it? It seems to be different then the version I have with teh ESB Guidance from MSDN download.
Thanks.

May 24, 2008 at 11:07 PM
I started this project as a read-only monitor tool and used ESB Operations services as it is released. But when I want to define send ports and receive locations, I have found that ESB operations service doesn't include information for adapter specific definitions. Therefore I have changed operations and its web service to enable defining for the most used three adapters, FILE, FTP and SQL. I will continue to add definitions for other adapters in the future releases.

I am also thinking about security definitions for different roles, but it will be also in the future releases.